St. Ninian's Episcopal Church
1 Albert Dr., Pollokshields, Glasgow G41 2PF
1872 and 1887, David Thomson
St Ninian's, by David Thomson was the first Episcopal church to be built on the south side of Glasgow. The most distinguishing features are the magnificent stained glass windows and the Sanctuary Murals by William Hole.
The stained glass windows were installed between 1888 and 1912. the murals were painted by William Hole RSA and depict scenes from the Benedicite with some contemporary settings. William Hole grew up in Edinburgh where some of his famous works are exhibited in the National Portrait Gallery. The murals were refurbished in 2003. The church also exhibits a painting by contemporary artist Richard Whincop called "Graven Image".
Dates: Saturday 21st September
Times: Sat 10am-4pm
Booking not required
Parking: Parking available on street
Accessibility: Not accessible, 3 steps into church building
Facilities: Seating, Toilet, Wheelchair Accessible Toilet, Refreshments, Hearing Loop