36. St. Columba Gaelic Church of Scotland
300 St. Vincent St, G2 5RU
1904, Tennant & Burke
Gothic revival church which can accommodate more than 1000. The nave is 112 feet long and 40 feet wide. The spire is 220 feet high, with pinnacles, a belfry stage, a niche and canopy containing a statue of St. Columba.
Armorial gallery with 46 clan crests. The insignia and military honours of the premier Scottish regiments are also included in the display. The congregation's war memorial has 333 names of those who served in the First World War of whom 58 were killed and 18 names of those killed in the Second World War. The Clan MacKinnon war memorial has the names of 232 MacKinnons who were killed in the First World War. All of our Church Services in Gaelic and English can be viewed on Youtube under St. Columba Gaelic Church.
Thu, 12pm-2pm; Sat, 10am-4pm & Sun, 1pm-4pm
Tours: On request; 15 minutes
Meeting point: Chancel
Booking not required.
Accessibility: Limited Access - Ramps to Church and ground floor halls but upper hall up two flights of stairs.
Facilities: Seating, Toilet, Refreshments, Information available in large-print.
Parking: On-street parking available.