Buchanan Bridge Club
4 Clairmont Gardens, G3 7LW
1857, in the style of Charles Wilson (Cat A)
Clairmont Gardens was built in 1857 as a row of Town Houses. The Terrace is now “B” listed but the interior of No 4 is “A” listed. The first owner in 1857 was David Hutcheson who was a steamship owner with an expanding fleet. His home needed to reflect his success, status and to impress. He was one of 'one hundred Glasgow men' in Victorian times whose vision and enterprise transformed Glasgow into 'The Second City of The Empire'. When David retired his junior partner succeeded him and changed the name of the company. It is now familiar as Caledonian MacBrayne or Calmac. This house remained a family home for 4 families until bought by the Buchanan Club in 1960.
Image Gallery - see below
Video - CLICK HERE