2092 Pollokshaws Road, G43 1AT
1848 (Renovated 2013)
The oldest surviving railway station building in current operation in Glasgow. It was refurbished in 2013 by Glasgow Building Preservation Trust and has been adopted by South West Community Cycles to provide affordable bike-related services and activities for local residents.
Inspired by First ScotRail’s Adopt a Train Station initiative, Glasgow Building Preservation Trust have developed Pollokshaws West Railway Station for a number of years with the restoration successfully completed in May 2013.
The buildings have been converted into a resource centre for South West Community Cycles, providing affordable bike-related services and activities including cycle hire and repair, with a new branch of the organisation now offering employability support to local residents.
Tours: Sat-Sun 12pm & 2pm; 30 minutes.
Booking essential - 0141 632 7155
Accessibility: Only ground floor is wheelchair accessible. Upper floor on both sides of track only accessible by stairs.
*please note this venue was incorrectly marked as fully accessible in our printed brochures.
Glasgow Building Preservation Trust
Wellpark Enterprise Centre
120 Sydney Street, Glasgow
Registered Company Number: SC079721
Scottish Charity Number: SC015443