The National Trust for Scotland, 2060 Pollokshaws Road, G43 1AT
1752, Allan Dreghorn, alterations 1888-1908, Robert Rowand Anderson (Cat A)
Pollok House is the ancestral home of the Maxwell family, from around 1752. See one of the finest collections of Spanish art in the UK, together with fine Edwardian furniture and furnishings. Below the stairs, the servants’ quarters illustrate the reality of running a country house.
Pollok House is the ancestral home of the Maxwell family. The present house dates from around 1752 and contains one of the finest collections of Spanish art in the United Kingdom together with furniture and furnishings appropriate to an Edwardian country house.
Sat-Sun 10am-5pm, last admission 4.30pm
Booking not required
Parking info: The Car Park at the front of the House can be used with additional parking available in the Car Park known as the Riverside Car Park to the right of the House. Car parking on site is free.
Accessibility: See NTS website for full accessibility info.
Additional: Whilst baby back carriers are not admitted in Main House they are allowed in basement servants’ quarters.
Buggies/pushchairs are not permitted in the main house but are allowed in basement servants’ quarters and garden. There is a buggy park available in the servant’s quarters for pushchairs and junior bikes.
Glasgow Building Preservation Trust
Wellpark Enterprise Centre
120 Sydney Street, Glasgow
Registered Company Number: SC079721
Scottish Charity Number: SC015443